World Book Day, 2012

March 13th 2012

Ray Thomas, a class teacher at Plympton St. Mary C of E Infant School, kindly sent a testimonial following David's visit to the school to read on World Book Day, March 1st 2012.

I met David at a Christmas Fair held at WestPoint, Exeter, in November 2011. David’s Farmer John stories are now a regular part of my class’ story time at the end of the school day. The stories are ideal for the end of the working day. They last around 10 minutes and my class are really enjoying them.

David kindly visited our school on World Book Day and read one of his stories to each class in our school. He also answered any questions the children had. The children thoroughly enjoyed meeting the author of their favourite stories. David answered their questions superbly.

The stories really do engage younger children. My class are getting to know all of the characters each week and I am using the stories to build my children’s ability to describe what they like about a story. The children are fascinated with the stories and find it easy to describe what they like about them. They particularly like that the animals, the tractor, the muck spreader and the Land Rover all talk and have their own personalities.

Every story is simple enough for all the children to follow yet contains humour and problem solving that my more advanced readers appreciate.

I have already recommended these stories to other colleagues and parents. My class would like to recommend them to you.

Ray Thomas (Year 2 class teacher).

(text and class photo reproduced with permission)

RETURN TO FANS PAGE